- To facilitate and assist in the development and continuation of the organization in order to address the interests of the African American community at Metropolitan State College of Denver
- To promote and pursue affirmative action efforts to achieve and maintain parity of African American in the college community
- To preserve a mechanism to ensure recruitment and retention of African American students
- To articulate policies and procedures affecting African American faculty, staff and students at Metropolitan State College of Denver.
- To develop and maintain a communication network between African American Faculty and Staff Association and the African American community in the Denver metro area
- To foster unity and cooperation among African American