This is a resource list of campus services available to Metro State Students. Please refer to the Student Handbook for a complete list.
Recreation Center, 303-556-3210 http://www.msudenver.edu/cra/
Health Club facilities Sports Programs Physically Challenged Program
Tivoli 215, 556-3664 http://www.msudenver.edu/career/
Offers assistance in career interest testing, personality testing, and
workshops focused on career planning, resume preparation, job
search strategies, and interviewing skills.
Tivoli 651, 303-556-3132 http://www.msudenver.edu/counsel/
Offers short-term Individual, couple and group counseling to discuss personal, educational and relationship concerns.
Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Trans Student Services
Tivoli 213, 303-556-6333 http://www.msudenver.edu/glbtss/
• Open to all Metro students as a resource for exploring gay, lesbian,
bisexual, and transgender issues. This program offers a variety of
support, education, and advocacy services for the entire campus
Plaza Building 150, 303-556-2525 http://www.msudenver.edu/student/resources/health/
Open to all Metro students, faculty, and staff. The Health Center
provides an accessible outpatient service devoted to helping
students meet their health care needs at a low cost.
Institute for Women's Studies
1059 Ninth Street Park, 303-556-8441 http://www.msudenver.edu/women/
• In an attempt to meet the needs of a diverse student population,
this program offers a variety of resources, cultural and educational
program, financial information, college entry assistance, and
advocacy to the campus community.
Tivoli 305, 303-556-2595 http://studentactivities.msudenver.edu
• The Office of Student Activities enriches students’ college experiences by helping them “Get Involved and Learn More” about campus life through dynamic activities such as events, co-curricular opportunities, student organizations, leadership education and MetroCOOL.
Student Support Services
Student Success Building 230, 303-556-4722 http://www.msudenver.edu/sas/studentsupportservices/
• Offers assistance in academic advising and tutoring along with
counseling, testing, and assistance with financial aid forms.
Student Success 220 , 303-556-6439 http://www.msudenver.edu/sas/tutoring/
• Trained peer tutors help students reach their educational goals. Group, individualized, and walk-in tutoring is available.
Online Tutoring: SMARTHINKING
• Metro State students have access to 20 free hours of live online tutoring through the SMARTHINKING program. Students connect to live tutors from any computer that has Internet Access. Online tutoring is available in the following areas: math, accounting, economics, statistics, writing, physics, biology, chemistry, and bilingual (Spanish) mathematics.
King Building 415, 303-556-6070 http://www.msudenver.edu/writectr/
• Trained writing tutors teach students to generate, organize, and
develop ideas, to revise and edit with confidence, and to handle
issues of format and documentation.