Necessary skills the manager should have include:
- proficiency in planning, organizing, leading and controlling activities
- utilization of problem solving methodology to identify and define organizational problems, devise solutions and implement the solution to achieve desired outcomes
- highly developed interpersonal skills
- an ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
- use of sound methods for making decisions
- innovative thinking, self-reliance, creative independent analysis and sensitivity to social and ethical values
School of Business
Bachelor of Science Degree Programs
The learning objectives of the business program provide students with the opportunity to:
- obtain, understand and apply information from the liberal arts, sciences, business and discipline-specific courses to organized issues and situations.
- explain how ethical, legal, political, regulatory, social, global, environmental and technological issues influence business decisions.
- analyze a business problem by incorporating diverse perspectives.
- apply foundation business knowledge and skills to develop competent decisions in the areas of accounting, economics, finance, information systems, management and marketing.
- communicate effectively the alternatives considered, a recommended solution, and an implementation strategy in oral, written and electronic form.
- demonstrate knowledge and skills to meet career needs.
- exhibit and appreciation for extra-curricular activities and continuous, life-long learning.
The degree requires completion of course work in general studies, the core business disciplines and requirement, a major, and electives. A minor is not required.