The MSU Denver Accounting Faculty is committed to a plan of advising designed to achieve the following objectives:
- Provide assistance to students relative to course and degree planning and curriculum choices.
- Provide information to students relative to careers and professional licensure.
- Encourage and enhance professional relationships between students and faculty members with the intention of fostering success of students in the accounting program, as well as other programs in the school of business and MSU Denver.
- Provide information to potential students from high schools, community colleges, the MSU Denver community and Metropolitan Denver about accounting courses, programs, and careers.
- To seek avenues for improvement of our advising program through input from relevant stakeholders.
Entering students, or students seeking advising or considering taking accounting courses, or choosing accounting as their major, minor, or for a career focus are encouraged to contact one or more members of the faculty for general advising. Our full-time faculty members have interests and expertise in a number of areas of accounting including financial, cost, managerial, governmental and non-profit accounting, accounting systems, taxation, and auditing. Click here for Faculty contact information
For an initial assessment of a student's current status, review of the CAPP report, or general advising advise, students should make an appointment to meet with a member of the Accounting faculty by calling them directly, or obtain further information by contacting the Accounting office at 303-556-3181.
Students seeking advice or help with problems related to a specific course must first contact their instructor. If the problem cannot be resolved through the instructor, the student should then contact the course coordinator, if any, and then the Department Chair for resolution.