All students accepted into the Master of Professional Accountancy program must adhere with the following academic policies:
- Students must maintain an average 3.0 GPA and no more than two grades of C. A student who received two grades of C will be placed on probation and required to meet with an advisor on a regular basis. Students who receive a third grade of C will be suspended from the program. An appeal process will exist in each program for students in this situation.
- Students may enroll in no more than 15 master’s level credit hours per semester.
- Master’s students are considered full-time if they are registered for 9 credit hours, half-time if registered for 5 credit hours, and less than half-time if registered for 4 or less than 4 credit hours.
- Students must complete the master’s degree within 6 calendar years from the term they initially enroll.
- Students not in attendance for three consecutive semesters (including summer) need to submit a reapplication form. Students requesting re-admission must be in good academic standing and must submit their application for re-admission to the master’s program in which they have been enrolled.
- No course can count both toward the master’s degree and the bachelor’s degree.
- No more than 6 credit hours of master’s level courses may count toward an undergraduate degree.
- The Student Code of Conduct will apply to all Metro State students, regardless of level. Access the Student Code of Conduct.
- The University residency requirement for master’s programs is the total number of hours required for the program minus 9.