Students may be admitted to the MPAcc program with a non-degree seeking status. Students must meet prerequisite coursework requirements for non-degree admissions. Refer to the non-degree admissions policies and procedures for specific information.
Before applying for Non-Degree MPAcc admission, please read the information below to ensure that you are qualified to apply. Please contact the accounting graduate program office at 303-556-6895 if you have questions concerning non-degree admission.
Enrollment as a non-degree seeking student is limited to the following categories:
1. Individuals who have completed a baccalaureate degree at an accredited institution and whose cumulative undergraduate GPA, or whose GPA from the last 60 hours completed, is 3.0 or higher will be considered on a space available basis. Applicants need not have taken the GMAT test.
2. Individuals who are currently admitted to a graduate program at another regionally accredited business school who wish to take a limited number of classes at Metropolitan State University of Denver will be considered on a space available basis.
3. Individuals who have completed a baccalaureate degree at an accredited institution and who have passed an approved professional examination, who wish to take graduate accounting courses for professional reasons will be considered.
Applicants in these categories must submit the following:
- Admissions application for Non-Degree Admission,
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended,
- Current detailed resume,
- For category 2 above, proof of admission to a graduate program, and
- For category 3 above, proof of successful completion of the professional exam.
4. Individuals who are currently admitted to other graduate programs at Metropolitan State University of Denver who wish to take a limited number of courses to fulfill their degree requirements will be considered.
Applicants in this category must email a letter from their Dean or Academic Advisor stating that the applicant is in good academic standing and that the requested business courses will be accepted for their degree program. Send emails to email@example.com
Important Information for Non-Degree Seeking Students:
- Graduate tuition applies for all graduate courses taken as a non-degree student. Information about tuition rates and payment deadlines is available on MSU Denver's web site.
- Students admitted as non-degree seeking are not eligible for graduate level financial aid.
- Students are held responsible, both academically and financially, for any class in which they enroll. Failure to withdraw from any class, regardless of attendance, results in a grade of “F”. Students remain liable for tuition and fees.
- Students who were previously enrolled in, or who have previously been denied admission to, the graduate degree program in the MPAcc at MSU Denver are not eligible for non-degree status.
- Non-degree seeking students are limited to taking a maximum of 9 credit hours.
- Non-degree seeking students can change their status by fully complying with the degree-seeking admission requirements. Students can apply a maximum of 9 credit hours when changing from the non-degree to the degree seeking status.
- Non-degree seeking students, who wish to re-apply as a degree-seeking student, will be required to go through an additional review process.
- Students must meet prerequisite requirements for non-degree seeking admission.
Non-Degree Enrollment Procedures:
- The MPAcc coordinator determines an applicant's eligibility to take graduate courses once all application materials have been received. Incomplete or late applications are not processed.
Eligible applicants are admitted to a course on a space available basis only as long as any prerequisites have been met or with permission of the graduate coordinator and/or the instructor. Priority is given to degree-seeking students of the MPAcc program.