General Studies Requirements Fall 2012 and Later
The General Studies requirements are changing for students who have a Catalog Term of Fall 2012 or later. Generally, that would apply to students who enroll in a degree program for Fall 2012 or a later term, but if you have questions, see the instructions for finding your Catalog Term or see an advisor.
- Written Composition (6 hours)
- ENG 1010 (3 hours) or both ENG 1008 & ENG 1009 (6 hours)*
- ENG 1020 (3 hours)**
- Quantitative Literacy* (3 hours, though many courses that fulfill this are 4)
- Oral Communication (3 hours)*
- Historical (3)
- Arts and Humanities (6)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences I (3 hours)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences II (3 hours)
- Natural and Physical Sciences (6 hours)
- Global Diversity (0-3 hours: a course that fulfills another General Studies category that also fulfills Global Diversity can be used to meet both requirements)
- Senior Experience
See a General Studies Approved Courses ( 174 KB) or search the class schedule for them.
*These courses must be completed by the time you have completed 30 college-level hours.
**This course must be completed by the time you have completed 45 college-level hours.