New Students - Once you've been admitted.
- Complete any required placement testing. Take these before attending your New Student Orientation and bring all of your scores with you to orientation and to Academic Advising.
Accuplacer practice questions available at MSU Denver Assessment and Testing (print these and bring to MSU Denver Tutoring Services, Student Success Building 2nd Floor, for assistance) and at Aims.
- If you have taken college coursework at any other schools, you need to have an official transcript sent from each and every school for those classes to transfer and/or be used as prerequisites at MSU Denver. See Transfer Student info.
- If you have any test scores (IB, CLEP, AP, etc.), always bring a copy with you when attending orientation and working with an Academic Advisor. See the guidelines for Alternative Credit in the catalog and have official scores sent from the testing agencies directly to MSU Denver.
- Access your ConnectU account at http://connectu.msudenver.edu. Use the “New User” link to get your username and password.
You will register your classes using your MetroConnect account, so if you are unable to log in you must contact User Services in West Classroom 241 or at 877-352-7548 before seeing an Academic Advisor.
- Complete a New Student Orientation program. All degree-seeking students must complete orientation before attempting registration.
- After completing Orientation, Make an appointment with an Academic Advisor. Walk-in advising maybe available for quick questions, but we feel you will be better served with an appointment. Be sure to bring any transfer credit evaluations and all test scores with you.
- After meeting with an Academic Advisor, you will choose and register your classes on ConnectU. If you are unable to log in you must contact User Services in West Classroom 241 or at 877-352-7548 before seeing an Academic Advisor.
If you are Non-Degree Seeking, then you must take copies of your previous college transcripts to the academic departments offering the courses that you want if you need prerequisite-override permissions for any class.