Welcome to MSU Denver! As a student transferring to MSU Denver to earn a bachelors degree, you will have questions. Here in Academic Advising, we’re here to help you find answers and connect you to the best resources on campus to ease your transition to MSU Denver. If you have completed most of your General Studies, you will also want to meet with an advisor in the department advising for your major - find contact info here: MSU Denver Majors & Minors.
Before you see an MSU Denver Academic Advisor, you must take a few steps to be prepared for advising and to be ready to choose your classes:
- Print a Transfer Student Check Sheet ( 122 KB) .
- Apply and be accepted through MSU Denver Admissions.
- You must have an official transcript sent from each and every school you have attended. See Transfer Services for more information.
- If you have any previous or current coursework that has not yet been evaluated, visit MSU Denver Transfer Services Office in Admissions (Student Success Building-room 180) for an unofficial evaluation. Bring this preliminary evaluation with you every time you see an Academic Advisor.
- Understand guidelines for Alternative Credit
- Take any required placement testing. Your previous college or university coursework might serve in the place of placement in some areas.
- Complete a Transfer Student Orientation Program
- Prepare for and see an Academic Advisor before registration.
If you are Non-Degree Seeking, then you must take copies of your previous college transcripts to the academic departments offering the courses you want if you need prerequisite-override permissions for any class.