Prior Military Service
- If you have qualified prior service in the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marines, you may be eligible for placement in the advanced course without the basic course/LTC prerequisite. In addition, Army National Guard and Army Reserve students/soldiers may join ROTC their junior year and earn additional money as a cadet.
- the curriculum - our program has these primary components:
- Basic - MSL 101/102 (1-credit courses) and MSL 201/202 (2-credit courses) - a study of current military issues, the role of officers in the Army, the history of military service and map reading
- Advanced - MSL 301/302/401/402 (4-credit courses): a study of interpersonal skills, Army officer ranks and responsibilities, and leadership techniques
- fitness training once-a-month
- leadership labs for practical training