Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to the most frequently asked questions of The Bursar's Office. If you cannot find the answer to your question here, please call 303-556-6188 to speak with a student account representative.
Full payment of tuition and fees is due by payment deadline. Please refer to the Current Term Policies page for the current payment deadline date. Any unpaid balance will incur a 4% service charge AND an additional 1.5% service fee for each month after that. You are responsible for verifying the balance of tuition and fees. You may access your account through the ConnectU portal by selecting My Services/Registration after logging in. Do not wait for a bill.
Non-resident students must pay all tuition and fees by payment deadline, or have a signed payment contract on file, or their registration will be cancelled.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR FOLLOWING PROPER WITHDRAWAL PROCEDURES IF YOU DO NOT ATTEND CLASS. CHOOSING NOT TO ATTEND A CLASS DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOU WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY DROPPED FROM THAT CLASS. YOU MUST OFFICIALLY WITHDRAW FROM OR DROP YOUR CLASSES, OR YOU WILL BE ASSESSED FULL TUITION AND FEES.
Please reference the Tuition and Fees forms on the Tuition, Dates and Deadlines page. Here you will find an explanation of all of the fees and what they are used for.
The College Opportunity Fund (COF) provides a tuition stipend toward state funded courses for students completing undergraduate course work in the state of Colorado. At MSU Denver, you must complete two forms before the stipend is applied to your account: a one-time application form and an authorization form completed each semester.
To access the application, please visit the COF website and click in the College Opportunity Fund tab.
To access the COF authorization form, please complete the following:
- Log onto your ConnectU account.
- Click on the My Services/Registration tab and then again on the My Services/Registration link. This will prompt a pop-up window to appear.
- Click on the link that is entitled, "Registration, Credit Card Payment, Insurance Waiver, Student Records and Financial Aid Menu" from the Main Menu.
- Click on "Student Records" from the list of options that appear.
- Click on the "COF Stipend Authorization" link.
- Select the current term and then click "Submit".
- Select either "I choose to authorize the use of my COF stipend for all eligible courses" or "I choose to authorize lifetime use of my COF stipend, until I revoke this authorization by selecting another option." and then click "Submit".
MSU Denver only requires you to pay for tuition and fees by payment deadline to avoid service charges. If you need help figuring out what is due, feel free to call the Bursar's office for the current balance.
As of December 1, 2009 all students who are not enrolled in the ONECard program will be mailed their refund checks. Checks are no longer issued from The Office of the Cashier. Checks will be mailed the week before classes start according to the Financial Aid disbursement schedule. After classes start, checks will only be mailed once per week on Thursday.
Please make sure that your address is updated and current with the Office of the Registrar to ensure that your check is mailed to the correct address.