Club Sports Programs
The club sports program exists to provide the students, faculty, and staff of Auraria an opportunity to promote and develop their individual athletic interests in an organized fashion with others who share the same interests. The clubs are student-initiated organizations with the emphasis on participation. Therefore, no club can discriminate because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, handicap, age or ability.
CLUB SPORTS MANUAL
The club sports manual has been prepared to help familiarize and assist the club sports participants with the policies and procedures of the MSU Denver Athletic Department. Further, it is meant to be a helpful reference guide for the club members in their decision making process. Each club officer and coach should be familiar with this handbook. All newly-elected club sport presidents must sign the Club Sport Manual Acknowledgement Form (CSMA). The CSMA can be found on the last page of the Club Sports Manual. The signed form must be submitted to the Club Sports Coordinator. A club sport cannot be recognized without a signed CSMA form from the current club president. For the CLUB SPORTS MANUAL, please click on the PDF below
Club Sports Recreation Manual ( 69 KB)
HOW TO BECOME A CLUB SPORT
1. Find out if there are other interested parties. A minimum of 5 members are needed to start an individual club sport, where as team club sports must have at least the minimum number of members needed to field a team. (Hold an organizational meeting to find out who might be interested and what kind of club you want to be listed as.) (See Concept of Clubs)
2. Seek the advice of the Club Sports Director to obtain the necessary paperwork
3. Complete the following forms:
a. Annual Recognition Form
b. Team Roster
c. Liability waiver forms for each member of roster
d. Sign Club Sport Manual Acknowledgement Form
4. Meet with Club Sports Director to verify all completed paperwork.
CLUB SPORT DOCUMENTS
Club sports participants should become familiar with the below documents. All forms can be returned via fax to John Supsic at 303-556-2720. All documents must be renewed and submitted annually by each club sport. Club sports will not be officially recognized until all relevant documents are on file with the Club Sports Coordinator.
- Constitution: Constitution (PDF) ( 90 KB)
- The constitution form is a templatine that will show you how to create a constitution for your club. You will need to file your constitution with the Club Sports Director.
- Annual Recognition: Annual Recognition (PDF) ( 38 KB)
- Clubs will need to submit an Annual Recognition Form to the Club Sports Director prior to the season of competition. The Annual Recognition Form officially designates club officers.
- End of the Year Report
- Clubs will submit an End of the Year Report in April of each year prior to being funded for the upcoming year.
- Team Roster: Team Roster ( 46 KB)
- Clubs need to have a Team Roster on file with the Club Sports Director.
- Insurance: Insurance (PDF) ( 78 KB)
- Proof of insurance and a signed liability waiver must be on file with the Club Sports Director before any participant can practice or compete for the club.
- Injury Report: Injury Report (PDF) ( 30 KB)
- If an injury should happen during practice, competition or club sport activity, please fill this form out and submit it to the Club Sport Director.
- Volunteer Report: Volunteer Report ( 28 KB)
- All clubs are required to volunteer in the community at some capacity (see Club Sports Manual).
- Copy Request: Copy Request ( 23 KB)
- All club sports may make 250 copies per year at no charge
- Budget Application: Budget Application (PDF) ( 30 KB)
- Clubs are required to submit a budget application for the upcoming fiscal year in February prior to club sport’s budget hearing.
- Deposit: Deposit (PDF) ( 17 KB)
- All deposits (no cash) should be submitted to the Club Sports Director with a deposit form.
- Travel Authorization: Travel Authorization Form138 KB
- All Club Sport participants that will be attending an event off campus will need to fill out a Travel Authorization (TA) form in order to be insured and reimbursed. Forms need to be submitted to the Club Sports Director two weeks prior to the event.
- Travel Roster: Team Roster ( 46 KB)
- A roster of all participants traveling must be on file with the Club Sports Director prior to any competition off campus.
- Official Function: Official Function ( 99 KB)
- Club Sports wishing to use funds for official functions (team dinners, fundraiser, etc.), other than off campus competitions or events where a TA has been filed, need to submit an Official Function Form to the Club Sports Director.
- Game Summary:
- After each competition, a game summary should be submitted to the Club Sports Director.
- Auto Insurance: Auto Insurance (PDF)39 KB
- If club sport participants will be using their own vehicles to off-campus club events or competitions, a proof of auto insurance for each driver needs to be submitted to the Club Sports Director prior to travel.