Working with the CFD
Questions: Contact Liz Gettings - firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-352-7067
- The main purpose of this room is to provide space for Center related workshops and meetings.
- This room may be used for occasional meetings or trainings by faculty and staff and administrators of MSU Denver only, but not for regularly scheduled student classes or testing. Students must be accompanied by a faculty member.
- The room is available Monday through Friday during regular business hours (8:00AM - 5:00PM). If your meeting starts before 5:00 and continues, you are responsible for turning out the lights and shutting the door as you leave.
- The room set up is for 24 people. There are 11 additional chairs around the room.
- The room is a smart classroom equipped with a whiteboard and a projector. You must supply your own laptop.
- For technical issues with the smart classroom, contact the Auraria Media Center via the phone located in the training room - extension 6-3342.
- If you open the windows, be sure to close them to keep out squirrels and birds.
- If you have food in the classroom, please deposit all trash into the trash receptacle before you leave.
- Please return the furniture to its original configuration at the end of your meeting.
- If you need to cancel or reschedule your meeting, contact Liz as early as possible so that the room can be made available to someone else.
- Travel requests must be approved by the director of the CFD.
- Liz Gettings will usually be able to put the registration for a conference on her procard. If not, she is the person who will contact someone else who may be able to help. You will receive a confirmation of your registration via email.
- After registration is paid for, you will receive an email from Liz with an attached TA. Some of the fields will be pre-populated. Fields that you’ll need to fill yourself include your personal information; your departure and return date/time (after you have made your flight arrangements); your airfare; and an estimate of your lodging expenses. Please note that if meals are included in the conference, we won’t be able to reimburse for those meals. Other meals, though, we will reimburse (up to the FOAP maximum of $1500) at the per diem rate. Once you’ve filled this information in, please print, have your department chair sign, and then bring it to the CFD director for a signature as account custodian. Liz will then send the signed hard copy to the Travel Office. It is recommended that you keep a copy of the T.A. (an electronic copy or a hard copy, or both), since you’ll need to follow up with the same form after your travel.
- For flight arrangements, please call Patti Noel at FROSCH travel: 303-874-7117, or you can also email her at email@example.com. Be sure to take a look at the conference Web site for travel information and for conference start and end dates/times: http://www.teachingprofessor.com/conference. Liz will provide the FOAP to you for Patti to use to cover flight costs.
- Conference hotel information is usually on the conference web site. We ask that you make the reservation using your personal credit card and that you pay for the hotel at the end of the stay on that same card.