ABC Young Artist Studio
After-school Art Studio
Calling all young artists!
Denver's young artists gather weekly in our gallery and studio to explore contemporary art first-hand. They work with art education students from MSU Denver to examine the practices and tools of 21st century artists. Participants develop skills in variety of media and uncover inspiration in the exhibitions traveling through the gallery.
Our youngest artists gain exposure to a variety of media while senior artists begin to develop portfolio based work.
The Center for Visual Art features exhibitions of these young artists' work offering our community an opportunity to celebrate the work of children and adolescents.
Semblance – Students will respond to fantastical work and develop skills in printmaking.
- 4:30-6 pm
- HS Studio - Tuesdays 3/5 - 4/9
- MS Studio - Wednesdays 3/6 - 4/10
- Jr Studio (Grades 3-5) - Thursdays 2/7 - 4/11
Bachelor of Fine Art – Students will explore a variety of media and discover the path of a BFA university student.
- 4:30-6 pm
- HS Studio - Tuesdays 4/23 - 5/28
- MS Studio - Wednesdays 4/24 - 5/29
- Jr Studio (Grades 3 – 5) Thursdays 4/25 - 5/30
Custom Fieldtrips and Studio Immersions
The Center for Visual Art hosts exhibitions of contemporary art that elevate urban issues and ignite dialog.
Visits to the gallery may be customized to bridge between the objectives of a school or organization and the work exhibited in the gallery. Our focus on urban issues is easily integrated with a variety of disciplines and we aim to make the work highly approachable by diverse populations. Length, content, method and frequency of visits can be customized to suite a school or organization’s interests and availability.
- Gallery hours are 11am -6 pm Tuesday-Saturday.
- We welcome schools and community groups of 10-30 individuals.
- Children should be accompanied by responsible chaperones with a 1:15 ratio.
- Through generous support from our sponsors, the CVA waives fees for school and community based groups. All programs are currently free.
Our in-house studio permits us to bolster gallery visits with immersions in a variety of media during longer visits or across repeated visits. MSU Denver art education apprentices lead hands-on experiential programs in drawing, painting, sculpture, etc.
Studio Immersion supported visits are a minimum of 90 minutes and may include a materials fee.