Disability Awareness Training Tips
Below is a list of tips that address issues for accessing the Disability Awareness Training Program:
- Please close all other open applications, Internet Browsers, prior to beginning the training
- Confirm that you have the correct system requirements before proceeding. The minimal system requirements are:
- Windows 98, 2000, XP or Vista, or Macintosh OSX 10.x
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or later or Firefox
- Macromedia Flash Player 8 or later. To confirm that you have Flash version 8 or later, please click here and the version number should be 8,*,*,* or 9,*,*,*
Note: If you do not have the correct version of flash and you are using a computer at Metro State, you will need to contact the helpdesk at 1-877-35AskIT (1-877-352-7548) for Adobe Flash installation assistance.
- Confirm that you are able to see video immediately after clicking the training program
- After the first module (#1) completes, confirm that the Module indicator changes as shown below:
If you accidentally close the entire window, you will have to restart the training from the beginning and watch all modules
To view the quiz, you must have viewed all 9 modules to completion. If the video starts over at module # 1, this indicates one or more modules have not been viewed to completion. The remaining modules that still need to be viewed will be highlighted and appear like the example shown above:
If you are using a Macinosh machine with OS9, you will need to find another machine to access the training as Apple does not support the appropriate version of Flash that is used to provide this training.
If you experience any difficulties viewing or listening to the video, please contact the IT Help Desk. You can reach the 24/7 IT Help Desk at 1-877-35AskIT(1-877-352-7548). You can also request a live chat with an agent or submit a ticket for your issue at MSU Denver Help Desk