Professor Larry G. Keating Scholarship
Professor Larry G. Keating (b:1944-d:1996) taught at Metropolitan State University of Denver for over twenty years in the Electronics [now Electrical] Engineering Technology Department. Professor Keating obtained his BSEET degree at MSU Denver and went on to receive his MSEE degree at the University of Colorado at Denver. Professor Keating was the chair for the EET department for over ten years.
He had several years of industrial experience including being chief engineer for three radio stations. He also worked for Cobe Laboratories and Statitrol Corp. where he obtained an extensive control systems background. While at MSU Denver, Professor Keating was known as a strong student advocate.
Funding: This Scholarship will be funded for $500 annually, $250 during the Fall Semester and $250 during the Spring Semester. Should a student not fulfill the following criteria for the full academic year, the scholarship will not be awarded for the following semester.
Criteria: A student must meet the following to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Be a declared Electrical Engineering Technology major in a degree seeking program at MSU Denver.
- Have an accumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and an EET major course GPA of at least 3.0.
- Be at least sophomore standing (30 credits hours minimum) and taking a minimum of at least 6 credit hours/semester during the time of this scholarship award.
- Be a student member of a professional engineering society such as IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.), ISA (Instrument Society of America), ASEE (American Society for Engineering Education), or other as deemed appropriate by the EET Department.
- Be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen and a Colorado resident.
The award criteria evaluation, scholarship award recommendation and forms will be administered by the EET department. The MSU Denver Foundation will collect, maintain and disburse funds for this scholarship. The fund disbursements will be made on the basis of the EET department recommendations for the scholarship award.
Contributions to this Scholarship
Cash gifts are easy to contribute, and can be made through credit/debit card, cash, personal or cashier’s checks, or money orders made payable to the Metropolitan State University of Denver Foundation, Inc. The easiest and most secure way to make a gift is online at Make A Gift!
Please choose scholarships when making an directed online gift and specify in the comments the following "Professor Larry G. Keating Scholarship".
For other ways of giving or address for cash gifts see the University Giving Page.