Note: If you are experiencing issues with Uploading Files, File Manager, Enabling the HTML Editor or the Chat feature, you will need to clear your java cache and java certificates to resolve the issue. Below are instructions for clearing your java cache and java certificates for various operating systems:
- Clearing your cache for Windows XP ( 337 KB)
- Clearing your cache for Windows Vista or 7 ( 624 KB)
- Clearing your cache for Macintosh OS X ( 540 KB)
We have created various tutorials for how to setup your computer for use with the Blackboard WebCT Vista (8) enviornment. It is recommended that you follow the steps outlined below each semester to ensure that your computer is setup and ready for online courses:
- Complete the Check browser test by clicking here.
- Ensure you have Java 1.6.0_18 installed on your machine. Please click here for additional information on how to install Java.
- Configure your browser settings:
Internet Explorer 7 config ( 671 KB)
Internet Explorer 8 config ( 998 KB)
Firefox 3.6.x ( 352 KB)
Safari 3.x ( 394 KB)
- Uninstall or allow other tool bars to popup windows for Metro State services. Various toolbars may cause you to have difficulty in accessing your online course. Some of these include: Yahoo Toolbar, Google Toolbar, MSN Toolbar, and many others.
- When you access your course for the first online course on a computer, you will be prompted to Accept Java Certificates. If you do not accept these certificates, you will experience issues with your courses and you will need to follow the process outlined below for clearing your java cache and java certificates and re-accept them. Additional information about the screen's that will appear, please click here ( 123 KB).