The term Course Syllabus refers to the departmental document that describes the specific topics and requirements for an individual class. To avoid confusion, a document that an instructor creates for a class is called the Class Syllabus.
You must create an individual Class Syllabus for each class that you teach and distribute it on the first day of class. It must include the following information:
- Semester (e.g. Spring 2013)
- Course number and title (e.g. SPA 1010, Elementary Spanish I)
- Your name and office number
- Contact information (phone and/or e-mail). The department can provide you a voice mail box number if desired.
- Office Hours (Part-time faculty are encouraged have at least one hour per week per class; Lecturers, to have at least five hours per week)
- Textbook and other references
- Grading Policy and Rubric (% per test, etc.)
- NC withdrawal dates and procedures
- Holiday information
- Official policies: please see the Student Handbook at http://www.msudenver.edu/handbook
- Submit a copy of the Class Syllabus for each of your classes to the department office on or before your first class meeting