MSU Denver—we educate Colorado
Metropolitan State University of Denver is Colorado’s urban land grant university, offering individualized, relevant bachelor’s and select master’s degrees to more undergraduate Coloradans than any other school in the state.
Nearing its 50th anniversary, MSU Denver has achieved preferred-university status through its commitment to Colorado students and its long-standing community partnerships.
We are Colorado
MSU Denver’s student population mirrors the ethnic demographics of the state, making the University the leader in diverse enrollment among Colorado’s four-year universities.
We are Colorado’s best value
Dedicated faculty, small classes and a wide range of programs and opportunities— plus low tuition—combine to make MSU Denver Colorado’s best academic value.
Compare the cost of resident tuition and fees for 16 credit hours in 2012-13 for MSU Denver and four other major universities in the state:
Master’s Degrees: Professional Accountancy, Teacher Education (MA) and Social Work
We offer an individualized, relevant education
Average Class Size: 22
Student/Faculty Ratio: 21 to 1
Number of Faculty: 540 full-time; 911 part-time
1. Our Precision Flight Team received the 2011 Loening Trophy, the oldest and most prestigious college aviation award in the nation.
2. Gender: Women 54%; Men 46%
3. We are partners with Denver Public Schools through a federal grant to train professionals with non-teaching degrees to fill critical DPS classroom needs.
4. Pell Grant Recipients: 36%
5. Our Roadrunners hold six NCAA championships: Two in track (2009), two in women’s soccer (2004 and 2006) and two in men’s basketball (2000 and 2002).
6. Average Age: 26
7. Our Accelerated Nursing Program graduates achieved a 100 percent pass rate on the 2011 national nursing licensing exam— the only undergraduate program in the state to do so and 12 points higher than the national average.
We make education accessible
MSU Denver offers classes in three locations and online, making it possible for students to balance work, family and school. Students can also use their student IDs for free transportation to class on RTD buses and light rail.
Downtown at the Auraria Campus, MSU Denver North in Northglenn and MSU Denver South in Greenwood Village
Days, evenings and weekends
All MSU Denver General Studies classes can be taken online, along with six complete majors.
1 in 5 Coloradans seeking a bachelor’s degree chooses MSU Denver. Nearly 23,000 students enrolled at MSU Denver during the fall 2012 semester. 93% of MSU Denver students are from metro Denver. 72,000 graduates call MSU Denver their alma mater.
University Fact Sheet
University Fact Sheet ( 235 KB)