Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards
The Faculty Senate Teaching Excellence Awards are intended to honor individuals who demonstrate excellence in teaching by:
- exhibiting knowledge of their subject matter
- showing enthusiasm for their subject matter and for imparting that enthusiasm to students
- maintaining rigorous academic standards
- having a positive impact on students' learning and professional development
- showing a commitment to teaching
- cultivating accessibility and open rapport with students
Nominations are currently in process. Read More.
Distinguished Service Awards
The Distinguished Service Award (DSA) was initiated in 1977 for the purpose of University employees to recognize the outstanding and unusual contributions of their peers, which are clearly above and beyond the norm.
The "Distinguished Service Award" recognizes continuing and excellent service to and for Metropolitan State University of Denver and its mission in the following general areas:
- Longevity - service on a permanent basis over a period of at least ten (10) years.
- Breadth - high quality contributions over the years.
- Significance – motivated by dedication and commitment to Metropolitan State University of Denver.