See the Scholarship Workshops.
Graduate Scholarship Application for Students From Foster Care Now Available:
Casey Family Programs and The Orphan Foundation of American are pleased to announce that applications for college scholarships for students from foster care are now available for the 2012-2013 academic year.
The 2012-2013 scholarship application is open from January 1 through March 31, 2012
All FCS scholarships are awarded based on a combination of merit and need, and funding levels are determined based on cost of attendance and other resources. Scholarships will be announced in June 2012. Winners and non-recipients will all be notified via email, to the email address provided in their online application.
- have been in public or private foster care for a minimum of 12 consecutive months at the time of their 18th birthday; OR have been adopted or placed into legal guardianship from foster care after their 16th birthday; OR they must have been orphaned for at least one year at the time of their 18th birthday.
- have been accepted into or expect to be accepted into an accredited, Pell-eligible college or other post-secondary school.
- be under the age of 25 on March 31 of the year in which they first apply. (March 31, 2012)
- have been in foster care or orphaned while living in the United States. U.S. citizenship is not required.
The online application can be accessed via the following link:
AICPA Scholarship for minority accounting students
This program provides awards to outstanding minority students to encourage their selection of Accounting as a major and their ultimate entry into the profession. Funding is provided by the AICPA Foundation, with contributions from the New Jersey Society of CPAs and Robert Half International. For four decades, this program has provided over $14 million in scholarships to approximately 8,000 accounting scholars.
Award Amount: Recipients receive individual awards of $3,000 per academic year. Scholarship aid may be used only for the payment of expenses that directly relate to obtaining an accounting education. Scholarship payments are sent directly to the student's financial aid office on behalf of the student at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters.
Deadline: April 1, 2012
For a listing of scholarships/fellowships that may pertain to Metro graduate programs use the links below:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- National Education Association
- National Association of Social Workers
To assist you in your search for other scholarships, you may also wish to visit some of these helpful sites;