How to Accept 2012-2013 Federal Direct Stafford Loans using ConnectU
ConnectU Self-Service Tutorial:
- Logon to ConnectU.
- Under My Services: Select "Registration, Credit Card, Insurance Waiver, Student Records, & Financial Aid Menu".
- Select "Financial Aid".
- Select "My Award Information".
- Select "Accept Award Offer by Aid Year".
- Select aid year
- Click on "Accept Full Amount All Awards" to accept the full loan amount. Please note: For both of these options, the dollar amount accepted is for two semesters OR
- On the line marked "Federal Subsidized Loan Offered" or "Federal Unsubsidized Loan Offered", select "Accept". Then enter the total dollar amount (cannot exceed offered amount) that you would like to accept. Click on "Submit Decision"
COMPLETE ENTRANCE COUNSELING
Before receiving a Federal Direct Stafford Loan, borrowers are required to complete a student loan entrance counseling interview. This quick and easy interactive counseling session provides useful tips and tools to help you develop a budget for managing your educational expenses. It also helps you understand your loan responsibilities when you enter repayment.
SIGN A MASTER PROMISSORY NOTE
The Master Promissory Note (MPN) is required to be completed by each borrower. The MPN is a legal contract that binds you to the federal government. Signing this document indicates that you promise to repay the student loan you are taking out. The master promissory note also includes important language about rights and responsibilities as a borrower. Both subsidized and unsubsidized Stafford Loans are covered under the master promissory note.