The mission of the Department of Health Professions (HEP) is to provide quality education in preparing students for progressive professional positions in the dynamic health care industry. This is achieved through a multi-disciplinary approach to teaching that is designed to meet the diverse and future needs of our students and the community.
To achieve its mission HEP has established the following goals and objectives:
1. to employ faculty who have appropriate academic training in relevant disciplines; who demonstrate excellence in teaching, are actively involved in professional development and research, as well as service to the college and the community; and who bring real-world health care experience and knowledge to enhance our educational program;
2. to offer a curriculum that is designed to meet the needs of the health care community by providing a well-rounded educational program;
3. to develop new strategies and innovative approaches to delivering courses;
4. to recruit students who seek to continue their education and expand their health care careers or plan to enter the health care field;
5. to educate and prepare students for entry-level positions in the health care industry by using an approach that integrates both academic and professional experience; and
6. to encourage students to become lifelong learners and prepare them for graduate study.