Metro State at a Glance
Metro State offers 54 major fields of study and 90 minors and awards bachelor of science, bachelor of music, bachelor of arts and bachelor of fine arts degrees through its three schools:
The College now also offers master's degrees in professional accountancy, teacher education (MA) and social work
The top 10 majors/programs by enrollment in fall 2009 were:
- Criminal Justice and Criminology
- Human Performance and Sport
A Core Value: Diversity
Metro State’s student body consists of a rich mixture of age groups, socioeconomic classes, ethnic backgrounds and lifestyles. Students of all ages go to Metro State, from 16 to 70 and beyond. More than 6,800 students of color compose 28 percent of its enrollment, making Metro State the leader in diverse enrollment among Colorado’s four-year colleges. We consistently rank among the top 100 colleges and universities for graduating students of color.
Alumni Stay in Colorado
Metro State boasts more than 67,500 alumni, nearly 80 percent of whom stay in Colorado after graduation. These graduates fuel Colorado’s economy as teachers, business owners, pilots, scientists, nurses and more and enter graduate school to study medicine, law and other disciplines requiring advanced degrees.
Want to learn more?
- Metro State Fact Sheet- 2010-2011 Facts and Stats.
- Degrees of Impact- View student’s stories. Metro State offers four-year and master's degrees that impact our students’ lives, their families and their communities.
- Metro Magazine- Learn about what’s new at Metro State!
- Listing of Majors, Minors, Licensure, Concentrations, and Certificates Offered
- Graduate Statistical Information