Honors Program Policies
Honors Graduate Mara Owen in Albuquerque at the 2012 Western Regional Honors Conference
Students shall remain in good standing in the Honors Program if they meet the following criteria: -
- Maintain a GPA of 3.25 or better
- Enroll in Honors courses regularly – Two consecutive semesters without Honors courses constitutes grounds for Probation, pending extenuating circumstances and approval of the Honors Director.
- Remain in good standing at the College
- Attend mandatory meetings (one per semester), or meet individually with the Honors Director if the student has an approved excuse for missing the meeting.
- Accumulate at least 15 points worth of extracurricular activities each year see the Extracurricular Point Menu (122 KB) for point values.
Students failing to meet all the above-listed criteria will be placed on probation for one semester. During this time, they are still members of the Honors Program, and can work towards addressing the criteria in question.
Termination from the Program
Students who have completed a semester on Probation and still fail to meet all criteria required for good standing in the Honors Program will be removed from the program. The student's Honors Program records will be maintained however, and if a student seeks to be readmitted to the Honors Program, they can go through the application procedure again. In such a circumstance, previously completed courses will still count towards their completion of the program.