What's New in the Honors Program for November 28th-Dec. 4th
This is the last week before Finals - good luck with all your studying! I'm sure you're all super-busy this week, so check out some of the free food opportunities listed below. You can stop by to study, grab some pizza, and keep on studying! So here are the announcements/reminders for this week:
- Tonight (Thursday) the Think Tank is holding an End of the Semester/Holiday Party! From 4-8pm, here in the Honors House, there will be free pizza, a gift exchange, and general merriment. For the gift exchange, feel free to bring a gift of less than $10. If you don't want to bring a gift, that's fine too (but don't expect to receive one in return!)
- Monday and Tuesday of next week we'll be providing more free pizza and drinks from 11-2pm. Finals can be hard, feeding yourself shouldn't be!
- Please come hear the Honors Theses tomorrow (Friday). They will be at 9:30, 11:30, and 12:30. For information about location, topics, and who's giving them, visit the Events and Announcements website: www.msudenver.edu/honors/eventsandannouncements. You receive 1 Extracurricular Point for each Thesis you attend.
- Please fill out the survey if you haven't already! A survey request was sent to all the Honors students with a link to click on. This is very important as we seek to constantly improve the program, so fill it out and make your voice heard! You will receive an extracurricular point for that as well!
- View your current extracurricular point accumulation at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnsNZC23vgsYdHBVN05pbnpRdjVaNnZRa3hURUlNRVE It's a Google Doc, so you'll have to login to your Gmail account. Let us know if you have problems accessing it.
- Food Bank - Please donate canned food or gently used clothing to Think Tank's food drive. The collection box has moved into Jennifer's office since we found that some donations were going missing (!!). You'll receive a point for any donation!
- Honors Conference in Flagstaff, Arizona - This is a great opportunity for you to present at a conference as an undergraduate. Your proposal and application for funding have to be completed by late January, so be thinking about this now. It would be helpful to meet with Jennifer or I if you're interested and we'll help you with your proposal and other paperwork. If you're accepted, your costs will all be paid!!