Why HTE at MSU Denver?
"The HTE Degree is really flexible. I can work and go to school without major conflict. The faculty really work with the students to facilitate attending school while working." Mike Buchl
HTE Students Secure Jobs
Placement of graduates continues to be successful; HTE graduates leave campus with full-time jobs with annual salaries ranging from $30,000 to $45,000. Hospitality organizations including Walt Disney World, United Airlines, Globus Cosmos Tours, Hyatt Hotels and Resorts, Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel, Marriott Corporation, Hilton Hotels, Chili’s Restaurants, ARAMARK, and various other regional hospitality companies such as The Colorado Convention Center and the Denver Metro Convention and Visitors Bureau are on campus on a regular basis interacting and interviewing HTE students for management positions, as well as hiring many current students for summer co-ops and internships.
Why the HTE Program at MSU Denver is for You
The hospitality industry is in need of a diverse, technologically literate workforce that will have increasing needs for ongoing training and continuing education in communications, leadership, marketing, motivation, service orientation, teamwork, and training. This dilemma places HTE at MSU Denver in a uniquely qualified position.
- MSU Denver has the most cost-effective hospitality baccalaureate degree granting program serving Colorado and, more specifically, any community within a radius of 400 miles of Denver.
- Employers of HTE graduates rated their employees higher than did the employers of graduates of other MSU Denver programs on the graduates’ leadership skills and potential for advancement.
- Graduates of HTE indicated that they were more satisfied than the graduates of other programs at MSU Denver with faculty advising and department information about careers. As seniors, they were more satisfied with career services than the seniors of other programs reviewed.
- The HTE program at MSU Denver is located in the center of Denver, the living- laboratory used by HTE to teach and study the hospitality industry.
- Consistently, most students currently enrolled in HTE at MSU Denver work in the hospitality industry while attending classes, thus compounding their future success.
- Graduates of HTE secure jobs in the hospitality industry upon graduation; most remain in Colorado.
The HTE Department at MSU Denver is uniquely positioned through its expanding hospitality education curriculum, experienced faculty, and urban location to prepare its future graduates for hospitality management positions today and in the future.