Industry Education Partners
- Coors entered into a partnership with HTE in the teaching of the beer component of the Beer and Spirits class, in conjunction with the Sandlot Brewery. Applied research involving beer recipe development continues with senior research projects.
- Southern Wine and Spirits of Colorado contributes product and expertise in the teaching of the classes, Beer and Spirits, Wine Fundamentals, and The Advanced Study of Wines.
- The Voluntourism club and the Department are working in partnership with the Adventure Travel Trade Society in applied research to evaluate potential adventure travel suppliers in exchange for admission to the ATTA’s annual international world summit.
- The Denver Health and Human Services teams up with HTE for senior adults living in metro-Denver through “Frosty's Feast” luncheon and silent auction.
- The Department partners with the Colorado Restaurant Association in the sponsoring of Colorado Restaurant Association’s fall Career Fair.
- The Rocky Mountain Professional Convention Management Association Student Chapter continues to sponsor, in conjunction with the Department, the spring HTE Internship/Career Fair.
- The Department is the school of choice for the Colorado ProStart hospitality management high school program.
- Mount Hood Chemical collaborates with HTE through a zero dollars lease for the low-temperature dish machine located in the culinary arts laboratory.
- The HTE program has a strong partnership with Coast to Coast Tradeshow Services Inc. Coast to Coast continues to be in the classroom teaching and speaking, as well on the exhibit floor when HTE sponsors a career fair, philanthropic event, exposition, or reception. Pipe and drape, theme furnishings, and expert advice are consistently made available to the HTE students in a learning atmosphere.