Athletic Training Education Program Requirements
The objective of the Athletic Training Education Program is the professional preparation of athletic training students qualifying them to sit for the Board of Certification (BOC) certification exam. Upon successful completion of the BOC exam, the athletic training graduate may practice as a certified athletic trainer (ATC).
The Athletic Training Education Program is an extended major within the Department of Human Performance and Sport, which eliminates the need for a minor.
Students interested in pursuing the Athletic Training major should do the following:
- Contact an Athletic Training Education Program academic advisor for academic advising and to declare major
- Enroll in and complete the following courses with a grade of "C" or better:
- HPS 2060: Emergency Rescue/First Responder and CPR
After completing the above courses, all students, including transfer students, must meet specific criteria to begin the remaining six-semester sequence of athletic training corequisite, didactic and clinical coursework.
- Six semesters are required to complete the Athletic Training Education Program.
- The six semester sequence begins only in the fall semester.