Student Learning Outcomes for all Industrial Design Majors
To the standard of an entry level professional designer, graduating students should be able to:
- Perform design research that contributes to the definition and solution of design problems.
- Formulate multiple creative design solutions for a given problem, assess those concepts and select the most appropriate final design.
- Demonstrate proficient skills in; sketching and rendering with appropriate media, technical drawing, 3-D physical and computer modeling and prototyping.
- Develop final design solutions to optimize appropriate use of materials, manufacturing processes, user safety and marketability.
- Prepare presentations that demonstrate quality visual organization, verbal skills, writing proficiency and professionalism.Produce designs that address human-centered design and demonstrate an understanding of diverse cultural and global contexts.