Journey Through Our Heritage (JTOH)
Metropolitan State University of Denver
(MSU Denver) Department of Chicana/o Studies
Dr.Renee Fajardo coordinator
To: JTOH Schools and Non Profits
Re: Responsibilities of the JTOH team
Thank you for participating in the Journey Through Our Heritage program with us this year! We are looking forward to a successful and exciting year with all the school teams and nonprofit organizations.. We would like to address the JTOH-Metropolitan State University of Denver mentors responsibilities to the schools and nonprofits.
- JTOH-MSU Denver mentors are required to spend one day out of the week in their designated high school: helping teachers, mentoring students, and participating in the classroom activities.
- JTOH-MSU Denver mentors are also required to form a competitive team at their high school, usually meeting after school on a specific time and day of the week.
- JTOH-MSU Denver mentors are required to spend one day of service in their nonprofit and may also participate and provide volunteer hours for any nonprofit organization’s special events.
JTOH-MSU Denver mentors are required to give at least 24 hour notice if they need to cancel school or nonprofit hours.
In return for these services provided by JTOH-MSU Denver mentors, what we ask schools and nonprofit organizations the following:
- That participating schools and nonprofit organizations provide a consistent schedule of times and places the JTOH-MSU Denver mentors are to provide the above mentioned services for said schools and nonprofits.
- That if for any reason the place and or time may change that the participating school and nonprofit organization give the JTOH-MSU Denver mentor a 24 hour notice via phone call and or email (preferably both).
- With regards to the competitive events that we are having, we would ask respectfully that someone from your school/nonprofit organization attend our events at least twice a semester. (our next event is Dec.9th at 6:30pm).
- Once a semester the participating schools and nonprofit organizations will fill out a very short evaluation of the Journey Through Our Heritage program.
Dr. Renee Fajardo