Management majors will meet the following objectives:
- Integrate selected topics in economics, quantitative decision making, marketing, financial control and analysis, accounting, computer information systems as they relate to management decisions and practices.
- Apply management principles used in strategic and tactical planning, setting and integrating goals and objectives, managing change, and developing effective operations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of organizational concepts and their relationship to contemporary and future trends in management practices.
- Analyze the legal environment of business [especially in the areas of employment and contract law] and evaluate its impact on business practices, decision, etc.
- Apply written, oral, and electronic communication skills.
- Practice working with peers.
- Evaluate management problems and apply appropriate problem solving and decision making techniques.
- Formulate effective practices for recruitment, training and development, performance appraisal, compensation, and motivation.
- Integrate selected issues relating to ethics, politics, regulations, social environment, global environment, and technology and their influence on business decisions and practices.
- Exhibit an appreciation for continuous, life-long learning.