Pairing the HS850 Bluetooth headset and cell phone
- Note: You must pair your headset and phone before you can make a call. Pairing creates a link between devices equipped with Bluetooth wireless technology and allows the phone to remember your headset’s unique ID. After your headset and phone are paired, your headset automatically connects to your phone anytime you open the boom.
- With your headset and phone in close proximity:
- Step 1: Put your headset into pairing mode.
- With the headset’s boom closed, press and hold the Multifunction Button E until the headset indicator turns on (about 3 seconds). The headset indicator turns on.
- Release the button, then open the headset boom. The headset indicator remains on.
- Step 2: Perform a device discovery from the phone. For details on device discovery for your phone, refer to the phone’s user’s guide. When the scan is complete, the phone displays the devices found.
- Step 3: Select the Motorola HS850 from the discovered devices list and confirm following the on screen prompts.
- Step 4: When prompted by the phone, enter the passkey 0000 and confirm to pair the headset with the phone. The device ID is now stored in the phone’s memory.
- Note: Pairing is successful when the headset indicator flashes 10 times rapidly.