Deskjet printer does not print after installing new cartridge
- When a new ink cartridge has been installed, and the ink light is blinking or nothing is being printed when the printer seems to be going through the motions, i.e. pulling paper and the print head is going back and forth, remove the cartridge from the cradle.
- Check to ensure the seal tape has been removed from cartridge.
- Ensure you are using the correct cartridge for your printer.
- If that all checks out, check the expiration date of the cartridge (Yes, they do expire). It is located on the box. If it has not expired, reinsert the cartridge.
- If the printer is still not functioning try replacing the new cartridge with the old cartridge, if the old cartridge was still working. If the printer works with the old cartridge installed, then the new cartridge is probably defective. Try another cartridge.
If you still have problems, call the Help Desk at 303-352-7548.