For Academic Advising please contact the Advising Center at 303-556-3680. Your Advisor can help you:
- obtain solid academic advice – your Advisor knows the university and can refer you to the right people (departmental advisors, specific professors, etc.), its departments, its resources, and can explain some graduation requirements (including General College Requirements).
- select courses right for you – your Advisor can tell you which course you may take (many require prerequisites), which ones you need to take to earn degree in your major, which you may want to skip.
- assess your academic progress – get instant feedback from your Advisor on questions such as: "Am I doing the right thing?," "Are these the only choices that I have?," or "I plan to do this or that--what do you think?."
- develop long-term college plan – once you have identified your major (your Advisor can assist here too), a list of classes to take, identified by your Advisor, will provide you with clear objectives to complete.
- fine-tune your goals – your Advisor is supportive of your decisions, yet she or he will make sure, during each advising session, that you understand the responsibilities you have decided to undertake.
For course descriptions and information about prerequisites, see the MSU Denver University Catalog