COS-Pivot Funding Opportunities Database
MSU Denver has a paid subscription to the COS funding database which allows faculty, staff and students to locate funding opportunities, both public and private, across all disciplines and for many different purposes. Featuring 25,000 records representing over 400,000 opportunities worth over $33 billion, COS is the single most comprehensive source to search for funding. With COS, you can add your own tags to funding opportunities, organize into personalized folders, save and share searches, set up weekly alerts and let the system search for you.
The COS platform has migrated to a new system called Pivot, which offers the same functions as COS but with a number of enhancements, including pre-populated scholar profiles.
- Faculty, staff and students with existing COS accounts can log into Pivot using their same username and password. If you have forgotten your password, please contact Kristin Schneider Balwin, email@example.com or x65008.
- Anyone with a valid MSU Denver email address that does not have a COS account can create a Pivot account at: http://pivot.cos.com/register.
- COS Pivot Quick Start Guide ( 153 KB)
- Funding Search Tips ( 32 KB)
- Faculty, staff and students can register for free Pivot webinars here: http://tiny.cc/wpeubw
- There are a number of short tutorials on Pivot’s YouTube Channel (http://tiny.cc/2w7xdw), including Getting Started with COS Pivot which provides a quick overview of the new platform and Profile Search. With Profile Search, Pivot combines the COS funding opportunities database with a database of 3 million pre-populated scholar profiles unique to MSU Denver (and other institutions). This allows users to search for a funding opportunity and instantly view matching faculty from inside or outside our institution. Conversely, a search for a scholar will link to matching funding opportunities.
Other Funding Sources:
- Grants.gov - Grants.gov is a resource for locating current grant opportunities, guidelines and applications. Metro State University of Denver is registered with Grants.gov. Applications being submitted electronically through Grants.gov must be submitted by OSRP staff, who serve as the Authorized Organizational Representatives (AORs).
- federal funding agencies of the U. S. Governments can be accessed on this website.
Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps) - lists federal contract opportunities
- Colorado Department of Higher Education
- Colorado Department of Education
- Colorado Department of Health and Human Services
- State Purchasing Office Contract Opportunities
City and County of Denver
- Mayor’s Office for Education and Children
- Metro Denver Office of Economic Development
- Denver Regional Council on Governments
Faculty members may apply for Center for Faculty Development Reassigned Time Awards and Start-Up Money Awards in support of efforts connected to external grant writing.
Faculty seeking professional development funds should check with their department head and/or Dean.
Administrators and classified staff seeking professional development funds may apply for reimbursement through Accounting Services.