A selection of articles on proposal development and principal investigator issues.
How Your Grant Proposal Compares ( 32 KB)
- Other Useful Links (58 KB) includes many of the sub-directories of the U.S. Departments, Foundations and electronic funding submission portals that could be used by a proposal developer.
- State of Colorado Purchasing Office https://www.gssa.state.co.us/VenUpdate. Current and upcoming bid opportunities with the State of Colorado.
- Link to the State of Colorado official website, which includes the Learning and Education section providing information on grants and grant opportunities available through state agencies, as well as Educators Links to Colorado Education with access to information and resources on issues of interest to teachers, administrators, librarians and paraprofessionals.
- Additional websites for reference and state government information:
- Colorado Executive Branch
- Colorado Legislative Branch
- Colorado U.S. Representatives
- Colorado U.S. Senators
- Colorado Boards including the Governors Boards and Commissions, Elected Boards and License Boards.
- All Colorado State Departments and Agencies providing contact address and phone numbers of state departments and staff directories.
- The Colorado Department of Higher Education provides statistical information on the state colleges and universities pertaining to transfers, freshmen admissions standards, student headcount by race/ethnicity, gender/age, residency, and student levels for multiple years.
MSU Denver – Institutional Resources
Administration and Finance is a service-oriented division that supports the overall mission and goals of a diverse and dynamic campus community. The division:
- Provides support in the areas of Accounting Services (including Student Accounts and Cashiering), Budget, Facilities Planning, Human Resources, Institutional Research, Retirement Plan Administration, and Internal Audit.
- Develops, evaluates, and supports the human and fiscal resources and the business framework of the university.
- Embraces the institution’s vision for academic excellence and student success by upholding core values of compliance, competence, professionalism, respect, collaboration, confidentiality, and responsiveness.
- Meal Allowance Rates ( 38 KB)are located under the Office of the Controller.
Auraria Higher Education Center is the official site of the Auraria Campus, which includes information and services that are part of the AHEC organization. AHEC oversees such services as: Auraria Media Center, Campus Event Services, Campus Police, Classroom Services, Facilities Management and Parking. In addition to MSU Denver, AHEC houses our two sister institutions, Community College of Denver and University of Colorado Denver.
The Office of Marketing and Communications exists to build understanding of and support for MSU Denver through communication of the university’s unique role and mission, key planning themes and goals, recognition of faculty achievements and expertise, and promotion of student accomplishments and experiences. Included on this site is the University Fact Sheet, containing useful information about the history as well as pertinent fast facts about MSU Denver, as well as Brand Central that houses the University’s branding, identity and editorial standards.
The Office of Development coordinates private funding for the University.
Faculty Experts Guide was designed to help journalists find faculty experts to provide perspective on current issues and events. This guide is also beneficial to the principal investigator in obtaining assistance in issues related to grant requirements (e.g. underrepresented populations, literacy, etc.) Many MSU Denver faculty members are leading academic experts and have significant real-world experience in their professional fields, including aviation and aerospace, politics and public policy, criminal justice and criminology, and business.
Institutional Research (OIR) is the official source for all statistical data regarding students, graduates, course enrollment, faculty workloads, and other university characteristics. This department:
- Provides statistical data to state and federal agencies and to internal and external constituents.
- Designs, administers, analyzes, and reports the results of student and alumni surveys.
- Conducts research on national norms and statistics relevant to the Unversity, including peer group analysis.
- Collaborates with other departments to respond to inquiries.
- Acts as an institutional information resource for all units of the University.
Procurement is a division of the Information Technology department. This site provides the policies and procedures, equipment and configuration, and ordering of equipment information needed for a grant project.
Web and Instructional Technologies develops, supports, and incorporates online systems and learning technologies in collaboration with faculty, staff, students and the community. The office provides and maintains a suite of technologies and services for the development and presentation of all campus websites and online courses.
U. S. Government Websites
- United State Senate - official site of the U.S. Senate
- United States House of Representatives – official site of the House of Representatives
- Congress.org - includes news, information and resources on Congress including votes, bills, assignments and information about individual members.