Transcripts for Alumni and Former Students
Transcript Request Form ( 144 KB)
In accordance with FERPA, only the student may request a copy of his/her academic record. Official transcripts are provided as hard copies and at no charge.
If you are an alum or you attended MSU Denver State more than three semesters ago, you may only request a transcript by fax, by mail, or in person. Please see below for instructions:
To request a transcript by fax or by mail, complete and submit a Transcript Request Form ( 144 KB).
If you are unable to access the printable form, please submit the following information:
- First and last name;
- Previous names, if applicable;
- Birth date;
- Approximate date of last term of attendance;
- Complete mailing address where the transcripts are to be sent;
- Number of copies desired;
- Phone number or email where we can contact you if we have questions;
- MSU Denver 900 ID number (optional);
- Hand-written signature authorizing the release of records.
FAX Number: (303) 556-3999
Office of the Registrar, MSU Denver
P.O. Box 173362
Campus Box 84
Denver, CO 80217-3362
To obtain a copy of your transcript in person, you must present an acceptable and valid photo ID in the Office of the Registrar, Student Success Building 160 (#3).
There is a $6.00 service charge for all transcripts faxed from our office. Faxed transcripts are unofficial and are most often requested for personal use or as a placeholder for the official transcript.
To order a faxed transcript, download our Transcript Request Form ( 144 KB). You can pay this fee by clicking on the "Transcript Payment Form" link in the Faxed Transcript section. You must submit the request form and the payment form before your transcript can be processed. If you have questions on submitting your payment, contact the Cashiers Office at 303-556-4013.
We adhere to the following schedule when processing transcripts; however, specific dates and times may vary depending on the volume of requests.
- Faxed requests are mailed within 24 hours of receipt (note: requests received on weekends and holidays will be considered "received" on the following business day).
- Mailed requests are sent within 48 hours of receipt.
- In-Person requests are printed on the spot.
Transcripts intended for use outside of the United States must often be authenticated or legalized with an Apostille certificate. An Apostille is granted through the Colorado Secretary of State, and it certifies the authenticity of your documents and your notary's signature. If you require an Apostille, please follow this process:
- Request a notarized transcript from MSU Denver State's Office of the Registrar. Note: Transcripts are not automatically notarized. You must specifically ask for a notarized transcript when submitting a request in person; or, if you are submitting a written request, you must make a special note on the Transcript Request Form ( 144 KB)
- Pick up your notarized transcript or have it sent to your home.
- Visit the Colorado Secretary of State's website for further instructions.