In order to change a student's grade, you will need to submit a Grade Change form or a Grade Change Exception form. The following information will help you determine which process to follow:
Grade Change form:
The Grade Change form aligns with our standard grade change process and is the form you will submit most of the time. You may use the Grade Change form if you are changing a grade within the first seven weeks of the subsequent semester (spring semester grades can be submitted throughout summer and within the first seven weeks of fall semester) and if the grade is being changed on the basis of an error in evaluation, computation, or transcription.
Grade Change forms ( 101 KB) can be submitted to the Office of the Registrar in the following ways:
- In-‐person in the Office of the Registrar, Student Success Building, Suite 160
- Via email sent to email@example.com from the faculty member’s @msudenver.edu account
- Via your department (an authorized dept. representative will verify your identity by signing the form below your signature).
Grade Change Exception form:
Exceptions to the MSU Denver's change policies and deadlines require a Grade Change Exception form ( 276 KB) . Specifically, a Grade Change Exception form must used in the following instances:
- If a grade is being changed after the deadlines described above,
- If a grade is being lowered from what was originally reported,
- If a grade is being changed to or from an "NC,"
- If an Incomplete is changed to an "F"and the instructor wants to assign a grade,
- If a regular "F" is changing to a permanent "F" or vice versa,
- And, if a grade is being changed by someone other
Grade Change Exception forms must be signed by your department chair and dean.