Registrar TIPS for Students
If you are an undergraduate student, complete the College Opportunity Fund (COF) application form with College Assist. Resident students may qualify for a COF stipend which may pay a portion of their in-state tuition. You need to "authorize" the COF stipend each semester when you register for classes through ConnectU.
Class Cancellation Notification Process
You will be notified if one of your classes is cancelled through ConnectU Personal Messages. If your class is cancelled, you should review the availability of other sections of the same course, seek academic advising, and then register for classes.
In order to Waitlist for a course, you must follow the regular “registration” process as noted below.
- Log on to ConnectU
- Click on “My Services/Registration” tab
- Click on “My Services/Registration” link in middle of page – a new tab, or window, should open
- Click on “Registration, Student Financial Services, etc.” link
- Click on link for “Registration”
- Click on “Add/Drop/Waitlist Classes” link
- Select term from the drop down box, click “Submit”
- Add CRN numbers for classes, choose “Wait List”, “Register”, etc. and click “Submit”
Once you are waitlisted for a course, remember to check your email regularly. The computer system continues to monitor waitlist openings until the first class meeting. When an opening occurs, the first person on the waiting list is sent an email allowing that student to register for the open seat within 48 hours, provided there are no holds, prerequisite issues or other blocks that would not allow you to register. Please remember:
- Check your msudenver.edu email account regularly while you are on a waiting list.
- You will have 48 hours from the date and time of the automatically-generated email notice to register yourself for the course.
- If you do not register yourself within the time allotted you will be dropped from the waiting list.
NOTE: One week before the first day of the semester, the amount of time you will have to register (after notification) will decrease to 24 hours.
Again, if you do not register before your notice expires the system will automatically drop you from the waiting list and notify the next student on the list. Neither the Department nor the Registrar’s Office will be able to make exceptions for students who do not register for the class within the time period stated in the notification email.
On the first day of classes, you will need the instructor’s permission to be absorbed from a waiting list and will not receive an automatic notification. You will need to work with your instructor to see if absorption is possible or not.
Note: Wait-list classes do not count toward the total enrollment for your financial aid disbursement. Please contact the Financial Aid Office if you have any questions. Wait-listed students in ONLINE COURSES DO NOT have access to classes until after they are officially enrolled into a class
- Students not Officially Registered in Class
- Concurrent Enrollment
- Pooled Registration
- Course Audit Policy
- Changes in Registration
- Definition of Full-time or Part-time Status