The Quick Start model consists of three components; academic development, referrals to campus resources, and one-on-one support. The three components of the model are as follows:Academic/Social Development:
- Identify future goals (career or graduate school)
- Prepare students for career or graduate school
- Encourage students to participate in activities that build their resume
- One-on-one individualized attention from program staff
- Career Services
- Academic Departments
- Co-op Program and internships
- Academic support services
Each program participant is strongly encouraged to attend one-on-one counseling sessions during the semester. Each student will receive the following one-on-one services:
- Academic Advising and Support- Each student is advised to determine the best classes to take only if they are not major or minor classes. *Students are encouraged to visit an advisor within their major department*
- Personal Counseling- The staff members provide counseling to the students to assist them with various issues that arise from University life.
- Financial Aid Advising- Students are provided with counseling to complete their financial aid forms.
- *Students are referred to other departments as needed*