To be eligible to participate in STEPS one must be:
- Currently enrolled at Community College of Aurora or Community College of Denver for a minimum of 6 credit hours a semester.
- African American, Hispanic, Native American, Pacific Islander, or an individual falling under a health disparity*.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Some indication of interest and ability in science and science-related courses
- Intention to transfer to MSCD, or other four year institution, to complete a bachelor's degree in one of the following fields: biochemistry, bioinformatics, biophysics, chemistry, cell biology, computational biology, developmental biology, genetics, genomics, immunology, microbiology, molecular biology, neurobiology, computer sciences, social and behavioral sciences, epidemiology, public health, bioengineering, biostatistics, bioethics, toxicology, pharmacology, and neurosciences. MSCD offers the following degrees: Biology, Behavioral Sciences, Chemistry, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, and Psychology.
*Please see FAQ for more information on what a Health Disparity is.