Eligibility Requirements for Student Teaching and Internship
All required professional education and content area coursework must be completed with a grade of C or better before student teaching. All degree-seeking candidates must submit a signed CAPP verification form at the time of application verifying that all requirements for the major have been met, a signed program plan verifying eligibility, contest test results, and a required licensure GPA form.
Post-baccalaureate students who are seeking teacher licensure may become eligible to student teach with a minimum of nine credit hours of MSU Denver teacher education coursework. They must meet all licensure requirements.
Prior to student teaching, all candidates must:
- Be formally admitted to the teacher licensure program
- Successfully complete all other college/university program and degree requirements
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in all licensure coursework
- Provide evidence of a passing score on the appropriate content exam
In addition, secondary and K-12 Art, Music, and P.E. candidates must:
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75 for all courses required in the major (or licensure content for post-bacc) and 2.75 overall in their licensure courses
- Complete all required subject area courses in the candidate’s endorsement area