Coop Teacher FAQ
1. Can I receive both the honorarium and the renewal credit, and when are those processed?
You can receive both; our office processes the forms at the end of the semester of service.
2. How do I submit the supervision verification form for credit?
The renewal credit you receive does not display on a transcript. You simply submit the verification form you receive from this office to the Colorado Department of Education when it is time to renew your licensure. Please do not return the form to this office.
3. How do I notify your office about an error on the confirmation letter?
Please contact this office with the correct information; examples of misinformation may include the spelling of a name or an incorrect grade level. Sometimes a second coop teacher may be added or removed, or there may be a change in coop teacher. We appreciate your letting us know so we can correct our records.
4. Why does the confirmation section we submit to your office ask for home address and phone?
We plan to communicate with coop teachers through email, but we may need to contact you via phone or mail items to you outside of the school year.
5. Who do I notify if problems arise with the student teaching placement?
We ask that you begin with contacting the university supervisor; however, you are always welcome to contact our office and discuss your concerns with our Director. It is our hope that early action may lead to a successful resolution of difficulties.
6. Do I need to notify you of an address change?
Yes. Although we try to communicate by email, certain items such as honorarium payments and supervision verification forms are mailed. Sometimes the address submitted on the confirmation or these forms at the beginning of the semester needs to be adjusted due to a move. A quick call or email to our office means a smoother processing of your compensation.