Getting Started in the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Program
Congratulations on taking the first steps toward obtaining your Master of Arts in Teaching!
There are several steps to complete before becoming accepted as a student in the MAT program. This page is intended to guide you through the process for obtaining formal acceptance.
Gaining Acceptance into MSU Denver
- Submit your application (master's applications may be found on-line by clicking here)
- Provide all official baccalaureate transcripts
- International students need to submit TOEFEL scores
- Visit MSU Denver Graduate Admissions
Gaining Acceptance into the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Program
The following forms will be provided during the MAT Program Information Meeting. Please refer to the MAT calendar for times and days of meetings.
- Provide proof of a passing score on the PLACE or Praxis II Elementary Education Content Area Exam
- Submit copy of updated resume
- Submit one-to-two page typed personal statement in support of application, explaining decision to become an educator
- Recommendation letter from previous major or education faculty member or employer
- Completed fingerprint card and processing fee of $39.50
- Submit Worker’s Compensation Form
Students receive a yellow card once they are formally admitted into the MAT program. The yellow card shows proof of acceptance into the program, which then allows students to begin their field experience coursework.