Optimize Backward Compatibility
Adobe or Reader Version 9
If the person you send the portfolio to is using Adobe or Reader version 9, when they open the portfolio created in Adobe X, they will see the following message:
They can simply click Ok and they will be able to view the rest of the portfolio, however there may be some slight differences in the appearance of the design.
Adobe or Reader Version 8
If the person you send the portfolio to is using Adobe or Reader version 8, when they open the portfolio created in Adobe X, they will see the following screen:
In this version, the files are listed on top of a cover sheet.
For some users this can be slightly confusing and they might think that they are required to download the new version to access the files, without noticing the files at the top. You have the option to change the cover page so that it better explains how to open the files. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Open the portfolio you wish to send
2. On the menu bar, go to View > Portfolio > Cover Sheet
3. You will see the current cover sheet
4. Click on the Page Thumbnails icon
5. Right click on the thumbnail for the cover sheet > select Replace Pages…
6. Select the new cover page from file
7. In the Replace Pages window, click OK
8. You will see your new cover page