Reset Your Password
In the steps described below, you'll be typing your new password into a web page. We're using a secure server, so everything should work as advertised, but the web can be a dangerous place. Here are a couple of things you can do to protect your password:
- Make sure the URL (web address) listed in your browsers address box points to an address at
http://list-L.msudenver.edu/ in both steps 2 and 4 below.
- Make your Lyris password a strong password.
If you lose, forget, or otherwise want to change the password you use to manage a Lyris-based Lyris List, it's easy to do, but it requires some back and forth communication with SERVICE CENTER's Lyris List servers and has time limits for security reasons, so don't start the process unless you'll have access to the web and your email for the next half hour.
- Click on this link http://list-l.msudenver.edu/emailpassword.tml. A web page with a Lyris header will open.
- Type in your email address (the one you always use with Lyris) and click Submit.
- Soon (maybe a few seconds, maybe a few minutes) you'll receive an email message from Lyris ListManager containing a clickable (or cut-and-pasteable) link. This link is unique to your request and will expire after one hour. If you miss the deadline, don't worry. Just start over at step one.
- When you click on the link in the email message, another web page will open, asking you to type in your new password twice, and reminding you that the password you enter will replace your password on ALL Cornell Lyris Lists you administer. All of them. Type in your new password twice and click Reset Password
If you administer more than one Lyris List from the email address you entered in step one, you will use your new password for all of those lists.