Introduce Elements of Ribbon
In Excel 2011 for Mac, the Ribbon is a new user interface element organizational principle that Microsoft uses to put commands within functional groups
Each tab has several groups that show related items together.
- Home tab– contains copy, paste, font, etc.
- Layout Tab – contains margins, print area, etc.
- Tables Tab – For creating and inserting tables.
- Charts Tab – For creating and inserting charts.
- SmartArt Tab – For creating and inserting clip art and workflow elements.
- Formulas Tab – For adding and modifying formulas for your workbook.
- Data Tab–If Statements, importing and exporting, etc.
- Review – Collaboration tools including emailing and Workbook sharing.
- Command groups will change depending on which tab you’ve selected
- On the Ribbon, some Command groups have a small right arrow called a Dialog Box Launcher.
- If you do not see a certain command from the previous version, click on the Dialog Box Launcher to scroll through the options that are contained in the command
- To expand the list to see all the options, click down arrow