Manage Workbook Comments
- One very effective way to collaborate with other users is to add comments to a workbook because adding comments lets you make notes in a worksheet without changing the contents of any worksheet cells.
- A cell that contains a comment displays an indicator triangle in the upper-right corner of the cell. When you rest the pointer over the cell that displays an indicator triangle, the text of the comment appears in a box near the cell.
1. Click the cell you want to add a comment
2. From the Ribbon, click Review tab go to Comments and click New button
3. Click inside the body of a comment and then type your comment
1. Press control + click the cell that contains the comment you want to edit.
NOTE If you can't see comments, or comment indicators, from the Ribbon, click Review tab go to Comment and click Next or Previous button to see each comment in the workbook.
2. Select Edit Comment from the shortcut menu
3. When you have finished, click outside the comment box.
Display or hide comments in the worksheet
1. From the Ribbon, click Review tab > Comment > click either Show All button or Show button
- Show All – displays or hide all the comments in the worksheet
- Show – display or hide the comment in the selected cell
2. If two comments display on top of each other, click and drag the second comment like any other object and move it down under the first one
1. Select the cell that contains the comment you want to delete.
2. From the Ribbon tab, click Review tab go to Comment and click Delete button