Teacher Application Center
Our center prides itself on helping students with preliminary information concerning the various Teacher Education Licensure Programs offered at Metropolitan State University of Denver.
When you are ready to begin your education courses at MSU Denver, you will be required to apply to the Teacher Education Program by attending an Application Meeting. These meetings are offered throughout each semester. At the meeting, you will:
- Learn about the levels of admission to our program (as well as the requirements to reach each level)
- Learn about other requirements to complete the program
- Fill out an application for the program
After completing this Application Meeting, you will be assigned an Education Advisor. We will expect you to meet with this advisor at least once each semester to ensure accuracy in completing the program requirements.
The requirements for the program include:
- Turning in a fingerprint card with a money order or cashier's check for $39.50
- Submitting official transcripts to our Admissions office
- Meeting a grade point average of 2.5 or higher over the most recent 30 credit hours
- Showing basic skill competency in English and Math.
Further information regarding these requirements will be addressed at the Application Meetings. If you have any questions regarding the Teacher Education Program at MSU Denver, please contact us at (303) 556-3691.